Accelerating the convergence of context and mobility
Optio Labs announced the closing of a $10 million Series A funding round. Participants in the round include Optio Labs’ parent company, Allied Minds Inc., as well as several private investors. Optio Labs develops mobile security software solutions for federal agencies, commercial enterprises, and device manufacturers.READ PRESS RELEASE
“Global mobile security is a multi-billion dollar market, and the Android OS is the fastest-growing operating system worldwide. Optio Labs addresses key gaps in Android security, and this investment will allow the company to expand and create additional solutions across multiple platforms.”- John Serafini, vice president at Allied Minds
Built specifically to meet U.S. government security requirements, OptioCore deploys on Android devices to provide an OS level rules engine that is fully aware of a users’ cyber-physical context. OptioCore can detect any change in sensor or application behavior to take immediate, local action based on pre-defined policies. OptioCore is tailored for high-security environments such as Federal, Department of Defense, Financial Services, and Critical Infrastructure and other environments where security is paramount.
OptioApp brings the same real-time context-aware capabilities of OptioCore to the application layer for ease of deployment. Designed for general enterprise and consumer environments, OptioApp can detect changes in sensor or application behavior to take immediate action based on pre-defined and custom policies. Available as a standalone mobile app or embedded in other mobile applications, OptioApp can be customized for a variety of government, commercial and consumer use cases.
As the “Internet of Things” begins connecting more and more embedded systems to the Internet, exposing them to a much larger threat surface, the business of protecting embedded systems become much more critical and complex. OptioEmbedded seeks to address the existing and future requirements of securing Android and other embedded operating systems in Automotive, Industrial Controls Systems (ICS), and other related markets.
Our vision is to become the world’s leading development engine for the conceptualization, invention and commercialization of disruptive, time-sensitive and relevant mobile technologies for today’s rapidly evolving environment. We’re looking for the brightest minds in mobile security to help us get there. If you like what you see, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Optio Labs will be aggressively expanding our team in 2014 and will be looking for technology, strategy and execution leaders in the following areas:
- Process Automation Engineer
- Embedded Systems Lead Researcher
- Trust Execution Environment Architect/Engineer
- iOS Productization Engineer
- Embedded Android Developer
Optio Labs creates transformational security and productivity technologies for the mobile enterprise and embedded systems. Founded in 2012, Optio Labs was formed around technologies originating from Virginia Tech scientists, Dr. Charles Clancy, Dr. Jules White, and Dr. Brian Dougherty. Our vision is to become the world’s leading development engine for the conceptualization, invention and commercialization of disruptive, time-sensitive and relevant mobile technologies for today’s rapidly evolving environment.
- Matt oversees the direction of the Optio Labs and manages the company’s day-to-day business
- Director of Federal Sales, MobileIron
- Regional Sales Manager, BMC Software
- Manager of Public Channel Sales, VMwarec
- MBA – University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
- BS – Math, Operations Analysis, U.S. Naval Academy
- Charles leads Optio Labs efforts in creating the company’s strategic initiatives in mobile and embedded solutions
- Associate Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Director of the Hume Center for National Security & Technology
- Engineering Leader for Wireless, Laboratory for Telecommunications Sciences (2004-2010)
- Senior Member, Institute for Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE)
- PhD – Computer Science, University of Maryland
- Jules directs the Optio Labs technology vision and aligns opportunities with the company’s overall goals.
- Director of the Mobile Application computinG, optimizatioN, and secUrity Methods (MAGNUM) Group, Vanderbilt University
- Visiting Research Scientist, Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute
- Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- Coursera Massively Open Online Course Instructor for Pattern Oriented Software Architecture
- PhD/MS – Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- Brian oversees the technology development team and all product development for Optio Labs
- Member of the Distributed Object Computing group, Vanderbilt’s Institute for Software Integrated Systems
- Research Associate, Mobile Application computinG, optimizatoN, and secUrity Methods (MAGNUM),Virginia Tech
- PhD/MS – Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- Brian is responsible for delivering solutions to our Federal customers and crafting strategic alliances
- Former Federal Sales for MaaS360 & Mocana
- 5 years of Federal Mobile Sales
- 8 years of Federal Sales Experience
- BS in CS & Math, Virginia Military Institute
- Shawn ensures that Optio Labs products get to market quickly and with the features our customers need.
- CTO / Vice President of Software Engineering, ForceX
- Senior VP of Development, ForceX
- Director of Technology, Willis North America
- Director of Technology, Sunaro
- Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSE), Lipscomb University